|Mark Your Calendars!|
Join Children’s Maritime Institute and support Youth Empowerment and Education on September 24, 2020!
Los Angeles Maritime Institute’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Children’s Maritime Institute, and its three-masted tallship American Pride deliver an ocean of wonder through at-sea adventures to the youth of Long Beach and Los Angeles. Relaunched earlier this year after extensive restoration, American Pride provides transformative educational programs from Pine Avenue Pier in Rainbow Harbor. Long Beach Gives is a one-day-only campaign to elevate our community’s awareness and support for its invaluable nonprofits.
On September 24, CMI has set the ambitious goal of raising $15,000 in just one day!
All donations made will allow us to continue to provide extraordinary educational programs and sails to young people.
Please mark your calendars for September 24, and also consider joining our inspiring team by becoming a Peer-2-Peer Fundraiser– meaning you set up an individual fundraising page and raise needed funds with us!
Becoming a CMI Peer-2-Peer Fundraiser is super easy and fun
Here is how to set up your page and get involved:
1) Go to https://donate.longbeachgives.org/american-pride-childrens-maritime-institute
2) Click “Be A Fundraiser,” then “Create Account.”
3) Enter your name and email and create a password.
4) Add simple details for your personal fundraiser campaign, including your personal fundraising goal and a brief summary for your friends and family describing what the Los Angeles Maritime Institute and Children’s Maritime Institute mean to you.
5) Share the page through email and over your preferred social media using the buttons and links provided on your page.
6) Have fun inspiring others to participate with frequent campaign updates, giving challenges, and motivational messaging.
7) Contact CMI and LAMI’s Director of Development, Michael Sheehy, with any questions or for ideas on how to elevate your fundraising effort! (email@example.com, (805) 637-8730)
Here is a sample summary:
Join me in ensuring ALL Kids get the opportunity to experience life-changing adventures and experiential education! I support Children’s Maritime Institute, a Long Beach-based nonprofit dedicated to educating and empowering young people through immersive at-sea programs aboard a majestic tallship. Your donation will allow Children’s Maritime to deliver its nurturing programs and give young people the gift of discovery on the ocean!
Don’t forget to mark your calendars for September 24 and start spreading the news by word of mouth and social media!
What is Long Beach Gives?Long Beach Gives is a 24-hour online giving day. This annual fundraising event provides an easy and fun way for our entire city to give together. It helps generous donors and innovative nonprofits come together to improve the quality of life and create positive change for Long Beach. The goal of Long Beach Gives is to inspire individuals and businesses in our community to come together to make a difference in the exemplary work of the 150+ local, participating nonprofits.
When is Long Beach Gives?
Thursday, September 24, 2020 starting at midnight.
Where is Long Beach Gives?
How can I stay up to date on what’s happening for Long Beach Gives?
Subscribe to LGB mailing list HERE.
Follow Long Beach Gives on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.